It does not matter if you need to be friends with your coworkers but it certainly matters and when you behave unfriendly with them. And often times, at least for some, they find it hard to work with people they find it difficult to get along with. No matter what happens you need to move on or else it would even negatively influence the course of your work. These tips help you cope with the co-workers whom you think difficult to get along.
- Try to blend in with the co-workers while at work or at leisure. A bit of friendly talk would do as it help break the ice, especially when you are a new comer.
- Convey your greetings and these courtesy enhance the workplace relations. Take time to greet your coworkers when you first see them and you are there! It works wonders!
- Allow your coworkers to participate, ask their opinion and there is no better way to make them feel good. In the end, you gain their support and vice versa. And express your gratitude for their advices and suggestions.
- Giving a deaf ear to non-harmful teasing lets you tackle many issues. Make your colleagues aware that you do not spare a chance to enjoy some good jokes. However, if it goes very personal or is detrimental in nature, as a last resort you need to report it to your immediate supervisor or concerned authority.
- Say no to gossips at workplace. Obviously, none would like to talk behind your back, so watch out for gossips. Decide firmly that you don’t gossip (at least) at workplace so that you can lead by example. Keep silent at the instance of gossips and so you win the respect and trust of your co-workers.
Workplace atmosphere affects the way you implement your tasks. Being able to work in a professional, trouble free workplace is a blessing. And every employee is responsible for creating a work oriented environment.