Not every one can always be on the top of performance at work. However, if you notice something that affects the quality of work on a concurrent basis, there may be something wrong and it associates with a much terrible issue. Emotional and mental health problems affect your work performance negatively. While everyone connects sadness as the sole factor associated with depression episodes there is more to it.
The following are some of the symptoms that indicate if your colleague is suffering from the mental health disorder.
- If you notice that a person who is enthusiastic in keeping time on every aspects at work, suddenly drops on this factor, depression can be the culprit. Irregular sleeping pattern is an indicative sign of depression and difficulty in falling asleep is common among the victims. If your colleague runs out of time, it could mean that he/ she might be suffering from the appalling disorder.
- Depressed may also lead to a drop in work performance emanating from lack of motivation. If your colleague seems less enthusiastic at work than usual, think that he might be suffering from depression. Depressed often fail to meet the deadlines or falls short of the requirements.
- If you noticed that your colleague with the above symptoms also in the habit of skipping lunch, then it is time to address the condition. Depressed always feel loss of appetite, though mild depression makes victims to eat more. Some may gain weight or some may lose while suffering from depression arising out of irregular eating habits.
- Deep sadness and withdrawal from social activities show that one is depressed. Some sufferers may worry about things which are so trivial. If someone with whom you work grieve from a nervous breakdown, it might be due to depression.
- Any act of recklessness can be warning sign for depression. Reckless behavior in the form of substance abuse, haphazard driving may be a result of depression. Check if your colleague already showing the above symptoms exhibit reckless behavior.
Often anxiety is confused with depression though anxiety can be part of depression. Some person may feel depressed while tackling with the problems arising due to anxiety. Provide your support to a depressed colleague if the victim too notices the change in behavior.