Employee orientation or on boarding as we call these days help employees to get informed about their role, policies and rules in the company letting the new employee to familiarize and implement his/ her work with utmost satisfaction complying to the guidelines as given.
Here are some tips new employees should follow while you they enter a new job. Indeed, it aids every employee to find success and climb up the career ladder.
- You can do the pre work before you enter the new job. Management experts say there are some pre-employment jobs like researching about the company, the backgrounds of top company executives, social media accounts, learning about the company’s products, services and ideas.
- Acquaint with the work atmosphere, colleagues during the first days at your job. While you are a beginner in that particular office, you need to know about the way the jobs are done. Listen to your immediate supervisor, team members and ask queries before setting off any decisions. You cannot jump in to conclusions neither you cannot make decisions all alone.
- You should be in the company of the right people and it is perceived as a good thing to develop joint relationship with managers, team members and colleagues which again help you get job done easily. People appreciate and offer a helping hand when you enjoy good mutual relationship with every workforce in the organization, though it seems as a distant proposition for many.
- Have a plan for first three months, better if you write it down so that you can evaluate yourself where you are standing. In fact, it is common to write down the productivity status and statistics. It comes as a more effective solution for new comer. Also ensure that you have added the information on the tasks you wish to accomplish during a specific period.
- Consider taking notes on the procedures, systems and rules that should be followed during the course of implanting tasks. Otherwise, it would be too odd to ask things already said many times and makes a bad impression among supervisors.
- Your first few days on the job will critically watched such as your behavior, your discipline and punctuality. Always make sure that you be on time and work full days so that it will reveal your motivation.
Often times, finding the nearest pharmacy and the best food joint also comes as a pre-employment action. It is said that there is a grace period which is strictly unofficial before you acquaint with the new job and new work environment.